NetEngine 8000 F2A-8K36H Optical Module
This chapter presents the optical module.
- To help an optical module keep stably running, set the optical power of the optical module at least 3 dBm more than the receiver sensitivity or to a middle value between the receiver sensitivity and minimum overload point.
- The optical module of the 80 km mainly covers the transmission distance of the 40-80 km. The optical module of the 40 km mainly covers the transmission distance of the 10-40 km. The optical module of the 10 km is used for the transmission distance of less than 10 km.
- Before connecting optical modules, you are advised to use an optical power meter to measure the receive optical power P. If the P is smaller than the minimum overload point, the optical module can be directly connected to the optical module. If the P is greater than the minimum overload point, add an appropriate attenuator at the receive end to ensure that the receive optical power is less than the minimum overload point. Before the interconnection, add an optical attenuator (the recommended value is not less than 10 dB), and then adjust the optical attenuator according to the actual situation to prevent the module from being damaged.
- All 40 km and 80 km optical modules must be added with optical attenuators when they are looped back or short-circuited. It is recommended that the optical attenuation be greater than or equal to 10 dB.
- If two optical modules have different optical interface types, transmission distances, or wavelengths, they cannot connect to each other.
- Boards need to use Huawei-certified optical modules. Non-Huawei-certified optical modules cannot ensure quality and reliability.