Requirements for ESD Prevention
The absolute value of electrostatic voltage must be less than 1000 V.
Take the following measures to meet this requirement:
- Train operators about ESD prevention.
- Keep the correct humidity level in the equipment room to reduce the impact of static electricity.
- Lay out an ESD floor in equipment rooms.
- Wear ESD shoes and clothing before entering equipment room.
- Use ESD tools, such as wrist straps, tweezers, and pullers.
- Ground all conductive materials in the room, including computer terminals. Use ESD worktables.
- Keep non-ESD materials (such as common bags, foam, and rubber) at least 30 cm (11.81 in.) away from boards and ESD-sensitive components.